Regular Sunday Worship
The flexible, accessible and beautiful worship space in the prayerful surroundings of our parish church, St.Thomas, allows us to create a multi-faceted act of worship exploring a single theme through three services, each with its own distinctive character.
- At 8am: We begin with a quiet, traditional Holy Communion service, drawn from the 1662 Prayer Book, with a brief exploration of the theme.
- At 9.15am: This leads into a formal, choral service of Common Worship Holy Communion (or, occasionally, a traditional Prayer Book Matins). The service carries forward the rich choral tradition of the Anglican Church, the music being led by our Organist and Choir Master, Martin Penrose.
- At 10.15am: We offer space for everyone to meet over coffee and refreshments to discuss the week's theme and mingle socially.
- At 11am: We move into an informal service called Life & Soul. This includes a worship band led by our worship leader, and frequently involves discussions and activities. Life & Soul offers deep, prayerful and intelligent engagement with today's issues such as the environment and building community.
- Messy Church: On the third Sunday of the month there is a Messy Church service at 9am in St.Thomas church hall which includes breakfast and is an opportunity for all ages to eat, create and worship together in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Evening services: There are Choral Evensong services approximately once a month to mark the great events of the Church Year, usually at 4pm. Please see the weekly news sheet and church notice boards for details.
Midweek worship and groups at St.Thomas
- Wednesday - 11am Holy Communion service exploring Sunday's theme, followed by an opportunity to gather over refreshments.
- Thursday - 11am Prayer Book Service
- Friday - 8am Holy Communion
- Saturday - 9am Prayers for the parish
In addition there are various groups which meet for prayer and study in the churches and in people's homes.
Please contact us for details.